View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 11:17 PM   #41
rickcdewitt

Re: 70 k20 build that somehow turned into a frame off resto-swap

i got the 14 bolt perches and shock brackets welded on with the pinion 2 degrees down from the angle of the tranfercase output.i read somewhere you want that so the pinion will come up at cruise speed and have even ujoint angles.

also started playing with the ugly lumps that came out from under the bed

i was able to get 20 gallons of water in one with the level a little below the top plane of the tank.

i've been searching for a few hours now and think i've come up with part of a plan for them.

i ordered a pollak 42-300 6 port fuel valve mentioned in glocks fred thread and like the tanks inc pump modules but they're spendy and don't come with a fuel level sender.

i'll need to go to a junk yard and see if cutting the sender opening from some 87? saddle tanks and welding them in with ep 381's on the senders will be feasable or cost effective. these saddle tanks are 10" deep so i'll have to get or modify something that will work with it.

the newer camaro pump modules are about 10" but i have a return style system so i don't think these self regulated setups will work?