View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 12:59 PM   #12
smbrouss70

Re: New shop for the Blazer, truck, boat, camp, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWall View Post
Sweet!
Thanks Justin! I'm loving all the concrete in front of yours, I'm jealous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
nice shop, i do like the front porch

the only thing i'll suggest, since you mentioned air conditioning...
partition your shop so your not cooling 2000 square feet of 16 foot ceilings
no sense cooling all your storage area too

up here i worry more about heat and while i have a 50x50 with a 30x50 upstairs
i only heat 20x30 workshop full time, i can also heat an additional 12x30 fabrication bay when needed
having part of my space heated all the time allows me to walk into 45* heat on those -10 degree days

it would break the bank to heat everything
Thanks Ogre! It's not even finished yet and I am already loving the porch. The front of the shop faces north, so with the sun in the southern sky right now it casts a lot of shade about 20 feet in front of the porch.

As far as the air conditioning, I haven't finished planning that out but I did know that I didn't want to cool all of it. The lofts are going to give an 8' ceiling on the man door side, and the other will be 9' or 10' to clear my boat, only the center bay will be open to the trusses so that the 5th wheel and lift will have enough room. I am already planning to have the ducting for the A/C run under the 8' loft to focus most of the cooling under it. I guess my A/C guy will have to help with the finish design of it. We'll see when I get that far in a year or two. I definitely can't afford it right now, I will have depleted my savings as far as I am comfortable with for the time being.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote