Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 08:54 PM   #1
49 CHEVY

Introduction

Hey guys, I am new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Nick, and I live in Charleston SC. I am a 10 year Lexus technician, and an even longer truck enthusiast. I recently bought a super solid 49' half ton out of Springfield Missouri with the intention of building the baddest patina truck around....not a hard task when there aren't really any patina fans around here it seems. When I got the truck home, I got cold feet about taking on a build of that magnitude, so I sent it off to Blake at Stoner Speed Shop in Hudson Iowa. I know he will knock it outta the park and give me my dream truck.
But I still had the itch to tinker with something, and learn how to weld and fabricate what I want, as I hope to one day do that for a living. So I came across a sick 50' GMC 5 window that I picked up....killer patina. I've started the tear down and wish list, and I'm gonna see what I can pull off. This will be my first full build.
Wish me luck! I know I'll need help from all you smart folks on here along the way. I'll probably start a build thread, but it will be slow progress as I have a lot going on right now. For some reason I can't upload more than 1 picture, so here is a pic of my 5 window I'm wrenching on.
My plan is a 5.3 with t56, full shockwave airride, a/c, nice interior, patina exterior.
Attached Images

49 CHEVY is offline   Reply With Quote