View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 10:11 AM   #18
pat english

Re: Pats 68 4x4 dually

Quote:
Originally Posted by argonaut View Post
Pat, I like the way the widened bed looks on there!

I was just thinking you could use the front panel, cross sills, inner wheel tubs and tailgate from a fleetside bed and just mount the stepside side panels and fender. Is that what you did? It seems like it could be cheap to find a banged up long fleet bed and then scab all the parts off of it.

Either way, your tuck is looking good!
Thanks Jason!HEy thats a good idea.I hadn't thought about using fleetside parts.I really wanted to get the bed together last weekend and i didn't have any cash for extra parts or metal.So i had to use what i had laying around.Notice the huge slice out of my welding table.I got really lucky on this one..I was eyeballing my table thinking it looks darn close to my bed headboard so i got the calipers out and turned out it was the same exact size.As for the cross bars,i ended out sacrificing one of them to make the other 3 six inches longer.I will need to score another cross beam but at least i have the box together so i can finish up the tailgate.

Ill probably reedoo this someday but maybe not.Its strong as heck and wont be seen with the tailgate and bumper on.
pat english is offline   Reply With Quote