View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 09:28 PM   #208
SCOTI

Re: My 89 CC Dually: Double Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Does this mean you are going to need help swapping bodies on to that chassis for the '64 this year? Last time we talked about it you needed some help to get it done and you have that frame I could use when you get that swapped around...
I hope to start swapping it over but who knows. When I do it, I'll be getting creative & prob do it solo. Too dang hard trying to get help/people aligned so I try to plan/prep to do it on my own.

I did pull the dually out last night after work to reset the toe. After moving forward & backing up a dozen or so times I have it close. I also yanked an 1/8" shim from all 4 spots for some slight neg camber @ my planned ride height (~27" @ front wheel well C/L).

It still has something wrong mechanically. If it idles for extended periods (6-10 mins), you can hear slight backfiring in the exhaust. I noticed it before but thought when I heard it yesterday I would just drive it around my neighborhood & see if that helped clear it up. After the 3rd time around the circle (~7/10th of a mile), I put my foot into it aggressively & it does it then as well. I don't know what it could be @ this point & can't seem to find much TBI support/help locally. Frustrating.

No alignment yesterday.
No alignment today......
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote