View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 09:14 PM   #21
jaros44sr

Re: blazer rookie questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedjim View Post
WW, the p.o. obviously took some artistic license when he repaired some of these areas. That being said, it is a much better blazer than the first 2 I ever had, and I think if you remove the black paint(primer?) you'll have a better idea what you are working with. You may find you need to do more welding or panel replacement. I won't tell you what you should replace or how to do it, you have to decide what you can live with. Trust me, my red blazer has problems, I know what they are, and I really don't let them keep me from enjoying it.

Well, I will tell you one thing, first thing to do is get the stickers off of the replacement panels! They will hold water and start rust.

Good luck, Rg
I agree w/roger, first is to take off rocker, I see rust at the seam (rocker to floor pan). That should tell you the quality of the repair

it's just like peeling an onion, keep digging until you get to solid flesh, or in this case non-rusty metal
The emblems can wait, you'll have plenty of time

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote