View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 07:17 PM   #13
Purcell69

Re: 48 Chevy COE custom diesel build

Chance, just a note about noise control...a local shop does a lot of high end resto-mods, mostly Corvettes. I had a chance to talk with one of the builders and he told me they use a combination of spray on bedliner and Dynamat. He swears this combination makes it possible for classic Corvettes from the 1950s and 1960s to sound quiet inside like a modern high end passenger car. The bedliner is applied to the undersides of the body shell and the Dynamat material is the foil backed variety to not only combat noise, but heat as well.

I'm going this route with my build, even without the diesel engine. The first two generations of my build showed me that the cab is very noisy even with a gas motor. There is a lot of road noise that gets transmitted through the chassis that this process will help as well. When I built my cab mounts, I reused the mounts from the donor truck to take advantage of modern design in the interest of a quiet ride. Once I am done with the metal work on the cab, I will bedline the underside and install the Dynamat inside.

This may help with heat and engine noise for what you want to do.

-Joe