View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 09:32 AM   #50
Chance48

Re: 48 Chevy COE custom diesel build

47, thanks for compliment. I made the mount removable from frame so it can be blasted and painted and chose angle so it can't rot from inside out. I bought some tubing for the build but nay not use it. I get anal about rust collectors. Of course, the tubing will be here long after I'm gone so it's 6 of 1 half a dozen of another. I want to get buried in the shop today but I think the wife is on tilt with me and my growing obsession!! Sure wanted to get the front mounts in!! I'll feel her out, don't wanna push to hard, haha.

my rad is 4' wide and the innercooler is wider yet. No matter where I put it gonna have to have a narrower unit built. I'm guessing add some rows of cores and do a double pass, narrowing the rad up. I don't think any of the aftermarket "cheaper type" gasser aimed rads will be sufficient at cooling this diesel. I thought about using two of the together?!... Haha.I surfed a bit and found a ford innercooler that may work. It may can go back in front of the engine like you have your rad. This engine needs lots of cooling when it is working hard. I'm dreading the call to the rad guys. Not gonna be cheap.

Oh yeah, on the fenders. I think on the 19.5 wheels I'll be able to get a slightly narrower/straighter side wall which will be perfect. It would work the way it is now except turning. I'll role the fenders if I need to, that should get me the smidge more clearance I need coupled with a little less tire bulge.

Last edited by Chance48; 11-15-2015 at 09:53 AM.
Chance48 is offline   Reply With Quote