Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 03:25 PM   #1814
Bowtiguy

Re: Make it handle

After getting my project on the road ( 6 months of ball busting) I'm in the fine tuning stage. I settled on a 3" Front 5" rear drop running my 20X8.5" 255's on the front and 20X10" w/ 295s on the rear.

Currently running..

-3/4" lower control arm mod for caster ( hands off wheel at 65mph, garage alignment)
- NLE front /rear swap bars (except I flipped the rear bar to a rear over the tank mounting position)
-NLE power R&P
- NLE Rear Pan hard bar
-NLE rear shock relocation brackets
-POL front shock relocation brackets
- CPP shocks front/rear
-CPP springs ( -1" front with 2" modular spindles; -3" rear w/ 2" blocks)
- all ball joints/bushings/brakes are new

I have to say it handles VERY well and my last ride was a HEAVILY modified C6Z06 that I road raced with NASA.

I'm considering measuring out and putting Ridetech HQ shocks on all four corners. The strong arms and coilovers would be nice, but for $2k I'm most of the way to a twin turbo setup for my LC9/TR6060 combo ;-)

Questions #1: Rob, do you rec the ridetech's to be used with your rear shock relo kit?

Questions #2: Is there a higher quality spring option out there ( Eibach, Hotchkis, etc..) that would...

1) work well with the NLE components

and

2) soften the ride a touch similar to the double coil over springs I had on the vette w/o going coilovers on the front of the truck?

BTW, I've been too focused to do a build thread but I hope to add a "how to" for the installation of the TR6060 trans out of a 14' SS Camaro.

Last edited by Bowtiguy; 11-20-2015 at 10:34 AM.
Bowtiguy is offline   Reply With Quote