View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 06:23 PM   #203
ptc

Re: 1956 Chevy Pro-Street Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68c10owner View Post
Are you having a hard time finding ding pistons? Contact Race tech. The guys who own it use to own JE pistons. They will custom make you a piston to your specs for about the same price as a SRP piston. I had some made for a 406 I was building. Nice pieces.
No problem finding them.... having a hard time swallowing the COST of building CHEVY **** nowadays!!!! it used to be cheap to build Chevys thats why everyone did it. Ford Cammers and Dodge Hemi's cost a ton to build. I guess with all the TV shows about car building stuff has gotten the industry back going again to the point that blue-collar folks cant do it anymore, its becoming a white-collar hobby only.... Ive done machine work, I know that 1 piece costs alot to build.... but when you 'produce' 10,000 pieces the costs are suppose to go down.... so why are 'good' pistons still $80-$100 each????? and its even recycled aluminum that I drank out of and got sent to china to build the plugs?????

I think Im gonna look back at going with a supercharger, because with all the added costs of pistons, rods, etc. I can just use what I have and just bolt on some BIG HP.....

Last edited by ptc; 02-04-2016 at 03:51 PM.
ptc is offline   Reply With Quote