View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 10:14 AM   #112
Chance48

Re: 48 Chevy COE custom diesel build

Made some good headway. Once again, there are lots of missing pics, smh. If you guys see something outta place let me know.

My lower bag mounts fab bed and ready for mock up.

The axle breather hole has to be welded up and relocated. 7/16x20 threads, so that's good. I got the tap for the job.

Here is my upper bag mounts and the beginning of my c-notch. Boy I thought I took more inbetween pics.

Here I've got the cross bars on, removed spare tire holder, started boxing rear half of frame.

Here I've got the pan hard bar in, the gussets for bag mounts and shocks roughed in. I stood the shocks up a bit cuz I have the room. I figure it'll give a better ride.

And lastly, I've got a question. It appears this is gonna be at one of my ride heights. Does this front bag need to be more extended or is this fine. I figure the ride will be fine but will the sandwiching of the two bag segments be fine, you know...touching?

Now I'll get a rear crossmember in, reinstall mid section frame top cross member using blind nuts then box mid section of frame, tidy up the front cab mounts. Then, reinstall cab, build new rear cab mounts, mount intercooler, figure turbo piping, rad hoses, build fan shroud(will do that before mounting cab). Then I believe I'll remove cab again, disassemble chassis for weld out, paint and rebuilding of front suspension, brakes and reassemble. Rebuild engine, do cab sheet metal work then paint...haha, sounds like I'm almost done...

Peace,
Chance

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=686729
Chance48 is offline   Reply With Quote