View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 12:03 AM   #776
HAULIN' IT

Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Great info and a fun to read history, thanks for sharing. Im sure you have heard how a guys Uncles, second cousin that worked for GM had one just like it.
Lets see more pics.
I have had a couple that were honestly pretty good. A couple guys have asked me if it was built in Canada, which in reality could/would kinda make some sense.
The best was slightly different. Two years ago at the Olds Powered Nationals a guy walks up & asks: "Do you know how much that air cleaner is worth?" I told him it was only worth what someone was willing to pay. He asked: "It's not one of those re-pops is it?" He goes on to say that the last one he saw for sale went for over $800 & wasn't as nice as mine. He then says: "I can't believe you have it on this pickup truck of all things" Remember we are at an OLDS event! I couldn't hold it any longer & told him I made it out of a pile of old parts (I believe he thought it was from a '68 Hurst Olds, which it does look similar). My friend just shook his head & said: "I would have told him $500 & it's yours! I couldn't have got that wingnut off of there fast enough! I know you got enough air cleaners laying around to build another one next weekend"
Thanks for the interest guys! Lorne

You can't make it out in the photo, but I used the VIN number from a '85 dump truck with a 454 to buy a replacement decal for the top of the rad. support...7.4 liter

Here is one from last fall...she runner-up'd in the street class Sat. night & won the ladies class on Sun.

The dashboard

HAULIN' IT is offline   Reply With Quote