View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 01:04 AM   #52
Ol red 71

Re: A boy and his 1972 fleetside restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayseed4 View Post
So I have a little bit of a dilemma I would like some opinions on regarding my side mirrors. The truck was originally equipped with below the eyeliner mirrors that mounted on the top by the vent window. These are long gone, and the PO replaced them with the mirrors seen on the right. I picked up a nice set that is on the left, but they must have been from a different year or are also aftermarket. So the question is should I fill in all the mounting holes with weld before the paint job and add them when I can find a nice set of below the eye mirrors? should I leave the original holes only, and wait for the day I find the right set? should I go with the really wide camper mirrors? I only intend on hauling my 22ft trailer with 2 cylinder John Deere's occasionally. Thoughts?
I've enjoyed following your adventure and I'm eager to see the finished project. Something mentioned in your first post was the bedside toolbox. I love the toolbox and hope you incorporate it with the rebuild/remodel! I've recently changed mirrors on my 71 fleet side LWB c20 from similar mirrors that yours has to the jr west coast mirrors. I love the classic look and get tons of compliments. They're great for towing but do have a blind spot which doesn't affect me. I'll have the holes welded over and repainted eventually. they were around $50 or less brand new off eBay I believe.
Family owned since 1971