View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 02:50 AM   #295
dieseldawg142

Re: post up your camping pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billhilly View Post
Thanks Diesel! Yeah, Ruapehu, and Tongariro are active. Both erupting on a smaller scale in the last decade. I had a great couple of hours up there. Such a difference from my local bush clad mountains. The moonscape was pretty cool.
I'm jealous looking at your photo's. Nearly eleven years since I was in BC.... I'm not happy! Funny thing about the snow. I spent three years east of Kelowna in the late eighties/early nineties. I'd like to come back and try another winter. Not sure what my (older) body will think though.
well, hope they stay small! i remember when St Helens blew in '80....my dad flew over it in a small plane afterwards, incredible pictures of utter devastation...
and snow is fun when your young....we been hit with a unseasonably warm & dry jan & the snow is back where it belongs- on the mountains lookin' pretty!

took dawg to the fraser river today, but went for a quick spin up Elk View to get some fog pics, but it was dissapating by the time i got up there
Name:  875.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  21.4 KBName:  879.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  17.4 KBName:  878.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  82.1 KBName:  880.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  49.9 KB

thats elk mt there, it's a fairly easy drive/hike, about 2500 ft less than Cheam mt
Name:  882.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  41.4 KB
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote