View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 12:26 PM   #10
AKC

Re: Hi! New guy, old truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dorado Jim View Post
Welcome to the forum, very nice truck! interesting dash?
Thank you! Isn't it, though? I'm going to concentrate on mechanicals and the interior initially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken B View Post
Very nice truck! I love my C-30, I like to work my trucks and mine gets regular use hauling firewood. I don't think I'd change much on your truck, I'd get rid of the dash covering and I'd have to lose the push bumper. I'd be constantly walking into it forgetting its there....
Thank you! The push bumper (plow mount? in CA?) will be staying. Besides, at the inside of the uprights, they're welded to the bumper. Whatever it's for, it's hella stout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
I could use that truck everyday here at the farm .
Thanks! And it would probably be a happy little hauler...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
Welcome to the board and the C-30 club! Great truck, and it's the right color. White always looks good on the '67-'68 trucks.....

LockDoc
Thank you! The paint is in awful condition, but it's staying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie H. View Post
It looks like a good one to start with
Thank you! That's what I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Welcome to the site! Very nice C/30. Did first year 307s have fill tube in manifold, like 327...and 283 did? Things could be changed around, but your best bet is get the number that is stamped in front of the head, on the block, facing up, under the alternator.

So, that's not your neighborhood. That's where you bought it, right?
Thank you! Great info, I'll have to check that out. Why I came here.
That's the P/O's home. The Chevy out front is for sale too, but I think I talked the son into NOT letting it get away from him. That would be a mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1971Blazer View Post
Welcome....!
Nice find........if it's a 4 speed it's either a SM420 or SM465 Muncie.....both very strong............that would make a nice little truck.......dash looks a bit Tijuana......
Thank you! More helpful info. Yeah, the dash is one of the first to be "tidied up", I can only imagine what the pad looks like under there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKDTN View Post
At least passenger '68 307 had filler in the manifold. Pretty sure trucks did too.
More useful info... Thanks!

Last edited by AKC; 03-28-2018 at 01:03 AM.
AKC is offline   Reply With Quote