View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 02:00 PM   #415
dsraven

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

ya, thats pretty funny. YOU forgetting something, ha ha.
looks like you have a good plan going there. that is half the battle. I thought of cutting the floor and dropping the box down over the frame but that would be a lot of welding after. will your wheel tubs be below the box rails enough so the painter will have room to shoot it up there?
I just finished some roof work on my xtra cab. sure wish i had one of those TV shops that are fully equipped. could have used an english wheel a few times. live and learn I guess. I would do it differently next time. there is a better way to extend an egg shape probably. I will try to include some pics, not so good at the tech stuff.
I brought my envoy donor into the shop for measurement comparisons. looks like I may have some issues with the engine fan, pretty tight. also, it is an inline 6 so the firewall i spent all that time on will have to be changed to accept the longer powerplant. the tire track width is also possibly an issue. the 4 eyed trucks must be wider between the front fenders. just curious, did you come up with about 16 1/2 inches from the firewall to the strut upper bolt? I used a square on the firewall across to the tire and that is the number I come up with for axle centreline to keep the tire centred in the wheel opening.
Attached Images

dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote