View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 01:33 AM   #43
AKC

Re: Sooo, I finally got me an old truck - AKC's 1968 C30

Got the seat pulled and cleaned up most of the oil. Carpet is out. The right side of the floor mat is in good shape, the left side, not so much. But it's not oil-soaked carpet. The shift boot and trim ring are still out, being cleaned. I'm going to try different things to remove the old contact cement, using it as the test piece.

The seat was only bolted in with 4 bolts, I'll get some new ones tomorrow.

Took some pics of the after-upholstery removal and clean-up. It's ugly, but better than it was. Also removed the tint strip across the top of the windshield.
Straightened and tightened the aerial, even though I yanked and tossed the radio. Looks better than a hole in the cowl.

Also realized I hadn't taken any shots of the wheels with their new boots. At least they're not splits. The shop couldn't get one lug to go back on, it was messed up. Picked up a few at NAPA yesterday. It's close, a little shorter, and shinier.

Took a few more shots of the engine bay after installing the plug in the oil pressure sender port. Tried to spot the engine #'s but couldn't see them. Flat spot on the block, below the alternator, right?

Here we go...

Photo place holder

I'm just going to keep chipping away at stuff. Once the seat is bolted in all the way again, I'm going to get it out to the hobby shop and up on a lift to do an oil change, fresh oil in the trans, and diff. I'm going to assume that this is NOT a posi rear end and therefore friction additive is not required.

Thanks again for all the views and well wishes.

Last edited by AKC; 03-06-2018 at 10:28 PM.
AKC is offline   Reply With Quote