View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 04:54 PM   #243
marvgarr68

Re: 68 c10 6.5 turbo diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyBuzzard View Post
Hey I am loving the advice!

I would hate to kill any power gains though just because I went mechanical. Cost is really driving the stock aspect at the moment. However, it is very possible I would want to try and squeeze out some extra in the future. I will have to check the VIN code to see what it is specifically. I had forgotten all about that.

I just don't feel like I have the option to go pure mechanical b/c I wont have the stuff for it and it won't be easy to find locally or for a decent price.
That is what I have been trying to say. It is cheaper to go mechanical. It is cheaper to get power gains going mechanical. You can urn it up or down with just a 5/32 allen key.

All you need is the pump and they are cheaper then a DS4 pump.

Mechanical list
Pump
Inj lines
Throttle bracket
Throttle cable
all junkyard parts

Electronic list
Pump
Inj lines
PMD
ECM
Harness
Throttle pedal
Sensors IAT,MAP,ECT,BARO,CKP
Boost control solenoid
New prom whether going up or down. $$$
Most of this you have but might not be good. Might go out down the road. This is where the reliability comes in. The throttle pedal alone is $600.00.

The last mech pump I bought with inj lines and throttle bracket was $30.00 from the junk yard.

I would search for a mech pump first see what you can find. If all the ones you find are expensive then go electronic.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=591188
marvgarr68 is offline   Reply With Quote