View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 09:29 AM   #112
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: Refining "Sierra"

Last night was one of those 2 steps forward and 3 steps back days that come with every build. I have to continue to remind myself that this build has a deadline. It kills me when I cant take details to a higher level, but time simply allows only so much.

I had some paint reaction on the fenderliners, so I wet sanded and top coated. Unfortunately my sanding cut through to a previous layer of paint and I had a major blow up. Atleast 30% of what I sprayed reacted and needs to be sanded again.
I picked up more undercoating to line the outside of the fenderliners. I found a sale on what appeared to be the same as what I had previously shot. It was not, and dryed chalky brown. Now I get to sand that and recoat it with the correct part #. Grrr!

Ok, at least I have a progress report on something. I sent the breather lid home with Johnny C to have him add some custom touches. We had planned to use his oval dies to punch some holes, but the wouldnt fit. Instead we went with round holes N2billet style. After some touch up Johnny C added a bit of color to the top. Simple, subtle, and exactly what I wanted.
Attached Images

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote