View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 11:57 AM   #98
kcsa75

Re: What kind of beer do you drink while working on your truck? Pix or it didn't happ

Quote:
Originally Posted by indymachinist View Post
I like the cheap crap!
The summer before my final year of college, I was dead broke. It was about two weeks before enrollment when I would get some financial aid, but at the time I had about $25 to my name.

I went to the local grocery and bought a jar of peanut butter, a couple loaves of bread and a 12-pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon for $3.49. At the time, I wouldn't normally touch a PBR but considering my financial situation, beer was beer.

Well over the course of the next couple weeks, I developed a taste for Pabst and started buying it on a regular basis. I had to take a lot of grief from friends and family, but I liked it and the price was definitely right.

As I mentioned in a previous post having PBR in the fridge became handy as my boys grew into young men. Like me when I was that age, they wouldn't touch PBR, so if that's all I kept in the fridge I didn't have to worry about my beer disappearing when they came to visit.

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote