View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 02:21 AM   #572
uaengineer

Re: Do you have a 1972 Plaid Pickup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Tim View Post
Your truck is coming along nicely!

As far as factory goes, I too hoped a 4x4 pickup would have popped up by now. The factory sales book is very specific about the trim upgrade being available on C10-30 Fleetsides. If they offered it on K10-20 trucks it should say so here. That is, as I said before, not to say it couldn't be special ordered or that dealer trim swaps didn't happen. Unfortunately as they age, more trucks are lost to time. But on the other hand the knowledge circle is getting greater every day identifying and sometimes saving these one at a time. So there is still hope at finding a true factory 4x4 Highlander pickup.

But if you have to "have" a factory 4x4 Highlander you might start looking for a Blazer to go with your pickup.
They are coded:
Blazer CST Z84 mandatory option
Avocado 680
Blue 677
Gray 671
Orange 686
I hope this helps establish the rule for no 4 wheel drive highlanders. I would like to see the exception to the rule.

I purchased a colors and trim book the other day regarding gmc trucks. It has a page describing the plaid interior and how it may be ordered. See the attached picture for reference. This book may help clear up or confirm some other details regarding highlanders but this was one issue that was clear to me.
Attached Images