View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 09:48 AM   #756
Bowtiguy

Re: Started my first frame off - 72 SWB LS1, 6-spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkfrk View Post
Thanks Mike. It was A/C or gears right now. I decided to go with the gears for now, and hopefully A/C before summer. The chart on the left is my current set up with 3:73. The chart on the right is the 4:56 gears. Right now I have to use a ton of clutch to come out of the hole, and it doesn't pull like it should. so as you can as see by the chart with my current setup 3:73 @ 2000 RPM in 6th gear I had to do 106 MPH, and with the new gearing @ 2000 RPM in 6th gear I will be doing 79 MPH on top end. What I have read and feel while driving these LS motors, they like to run between 2100-2400 RPM.
That's interesting. I had a little different experience and I think its due to the differences in gear ratios in each trans. I'm running a TR6060 out of a 14' Camaro SS ( along with its stock hydraulic clutch) and the ONLY time I use 1st gear is if I'm starting on a hill. I can easily start in 2nd gear with my 4:10 rear gears that Mark Williams axles installed for me when widening my 12 bolt and doing the c-clip delete.

The motor is a VVT LC9 out of a 13' Silverado. The issue I have is bogging at 75mph+ on the highway pulling 6th gear moving this brick down the road. But I'm also comparing it to my old LS7 C6Z that pulled 1800 rpm at 80mph and had 100 extra cubes and 350 extra hp.

Time for heads/cam!
Bowtiguy is offline   Reply With Quote