View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 12:14 PM   #1472
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possmguts View Post
I see the last post was about the end of August... Has there been anything done since then on this truck? I spent the morning looking through this thread and I gotta say... I want to call the scrap yard to come and mine now... 2 years into it and no one helping me at all, and this beeing the first real build I've done, I feel like I have done a horrible job so far on mine.... and I spend my entire weekends, every weekend in the garage.
Nothing has happened with Crusty since it went into mothballs. (See the forlorn shots of it parked upstairs next to the wife's car.) I finished my '57 Ford last year, went to a few cruises/shows and now it's slated to run thru the Mecum auction a week from today. Assuming it sells, I'll have the space and funds to pick back up on CRLS. I've had a lot of time to think about the direction I want to go with it and right now, I'm leaning toward switching to 5 lug, discs, new rolling stock and LS power.

I looked thru your thread and you've done some great work. If it's any consolation, I've never been happy with any build I've done. I think that's what drives me to do better on the next one. A good chassis builder buddy of mine told me many years ago, "No one looks at your stuff closer than you do." I know it's true, but it's tough to remember when you know where all the warts are.

I've always done 90% of the work by my lonesome just because I'm a picky bastard. That said, I'm lucky to have great friends willing to assist on the other 10%. The garage is my sanctuary and I never consider the time to be wasted... even when I'm leaning up against the bench and dreaming about how everything is gonna come together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possmguts View Post
The parts about the fitting and massaging body lines are Killing me!.

I do like the hood you've done. I'm working on mine now, and after a bunch of welding I have a big tin can... Added some bracing and will do some expanding foam under the braces to see if that helps. But if not, its gonna be a PITA to un-do....

Any way... such a great job you have done. I hope you are still at it...
Your hood looks great. Kinda reminds me of a similar treatment I saw on B!tchin' Rides as I recall. Hope the bracing works. Just be sure to use the two part 3M expanding foam and not the Home Depot stuff. Like they say in poker, "No balls, no blue chips."
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote