View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 09:34 AM   #141
NastyBuzzard

Re: Let's Build A 1 Ton Crew Cab 4x4

Drilling holes for the engine cross member was a pain in the ass. I hope it is right and in the correct location and what not.

You can see how the engine mounts are slotted to fit into the shorter 2wd frame.

Also have the front xmember mounted somewhat but it is not being easy at all. I have already ground off at least an 1/8" off each side just to get it to fit within the frame rails without bowing it out. Another issue is the frame is different such that I can't angle the front xmember like it would be on the 4x4 so sway bar isn't matching up so I will have to figure out what to do about that.

Here you can see the issues with the sway bar...

I am also having odd problems such that one side of the xmember sits flush top and bottom but the other side has gaps above and below.

Here are the gaps and you can see it sits right against the frame.

Here is where it is flush top and bottom but has a gap between it and the frame.

Crazy ass ****!

Now my buddy has a lifted K5 and this is how he did his front sway bar. Anyone ever seen anything like this or know where I can buy it? It could potentially solve my issues.

Also for the rear reverse shackle, this is what my buddy made for his truck and it is super beefy. I am thinking of doing the same thing except not fully boxed in and a little thinner metal. This is close to the plan though, I am having to save as much as possible during this build.

On a side note, I also dropped off my LS1 at the machine shop last Friday and my T56 is about 3/4 of the way rebuilt.
2010 CTS V- The "NastyBuzzard"
1979 Trans Am - Eventually getting 6.0/T56 swap with boost
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote