View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 03:34 PM   #506
65sub

Re: My suburban's Twisted Little Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Stretch, chop, continuing nice fabrication Dale. You must be in the shop about every day.
Thanks Doug. We work it on pretty steady when life doesn't get in the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62stepside longbox View Post
Awesome job! Whenever I need inspiration for my build I come over here and watch you build this masterpiece
Thanks Nik. Glad I can help but I expect your determination would get your truck built without any help from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Making it look like nothing ever happened.

You know you're making me work at being better on my build now.
Thanks Greg. I'm happy our little adventure can be of some help to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz1963 View Post
And that is why we come on here to get inspired.

Not just the learning, but also pushing our own boundaries and expectations.

That tailgate looks amazing from sitting here in the comfort of my kitchen at the table having breakfast
You're right Rian this forum is a gold mine of knowledge and inspiration and I mine it like an old time prospector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCK87 View Post
I'm partial to the barn door set up, however your are killing it with the look on that clam shell! I'm convinced. Nice work
Thanks AJ. I prefer the barn doors as well but I used the clamshell gates for two reasons. First, it fits the opening I have left and second I'm mostly using left over parts and the clamshells are leftovers.

After we shortened the sides of the upper gate it left a 5/8" gap at the bottom so we tacked in a filler piece. Then we cut the bottom inch off for later use. Next we mounted the upper gate on the truck The last thing we did was cut off the top section of the lower gate (the piece with the latch in it) and clamped it to the back wall of the truck.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=655167
65sub is offline   Reply With Quote