View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 08:53 PM   #520
65sub

Re: My suburban's Twisted Little Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz1963 View Post
...... Tell you what Dale

People out there who come to shows and look at completed or "rat" trucks and cars really have no idea of the amount of time and work that goes into these builds.

A "simple" job like the plate recess and tube you posted up above has to take a few hours to complete.
Then there is all the planning and thinking that goes into it. I often laugh at people who just cannot plan and see the end product toward which they have to work, it has to be tough for them.

For the first time in 25 years working in the medical field, I have a manager who rides a motorbike and has changed engines before, knows how to change a flat wheel, so one who would understand the work you do. Often it is real difficult to try explain what goes on in my world, sharing this sort of thing, and mostly I have given up trying to explain to them. However, your last post will be shared as I am again so impressed. Reminded that these things don't just fall together over a weekend.

Looking good.
Thanks Rian. I'm pleased your job situation is working out so well. It's alwys nice to have coworkers that can understand the effort that you put into your hobby. You're definitely right that these projects don't fall together in a few days. The back of this truck has taken several weeks of work.

After a bunch of trimming and some POR15 we got the bottom sections of the upper gate ready to attach. We got the first one tacked in place to check the fit.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=655167
65sub is offline   Reply With Quote