View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 12:14 AM   #333
joedoh

Re: 49 3600, s10 swap, project boogie

I think I am going with artillery, they use the same smoothie caps, whitewalls OF COURSE.

I needed to shorten the exhaust, it was from an extended cab and I moved the motor back, so its about 10-12" too long in the middle. Started the cut.

I started laying in the fuel lines and wiring harness and brake lines. I cant find my complete brake line setup so I called a buddy who is parting a blazer and will pick those up tomorrow. I also cant find my gas tank strap so I guess his blazer will donate those too.

I did notice that the motor mount on the drivers side looked a little crooked, I checked it and sure enough it was off almost 3/8. I sliced it and will weld it before I stab the motor.

then I decided to tackle the pedals. I needed to clear off the firewall and get the gauges out anyway to convert them. what a real beyotch, everything fought me all the way, but I think tomorrow I can mock up the pedals and maybe even paint the dash

gauge rings might clean up with some steel wool but I will need to print new gauge faces

that F26 set up like flexible concrete, I love that stuff. the floor feels so strong now, glad I did both floor halves.

I got a call from the seat guy yesterday too, he was working the weekend to meet his promise. What a guy, hope it comes out gorgeous!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote