View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 11:25 PM   #337
joedoh

Re: 49 3600, s10 swap, project boogie

yeah AD, I dont count on help very often haha.

99 I buy new stuff! but its when you try to take a new part or system and make it work with the old part or system, I like keeping things that work together, together. I am using the booster, and the column, so why not use the pedal and column mount?

I didnt get back on the jig, I ate dinner and got a ding from my email. I have been looking for a replacement bed for my 46 (it came with a 47 bed a couple pages ago). 46 for parts. KC number, but pictures showed a bed.

called. guy was in KC but bed was in south haven with his dad, so about an hour. I always say be the first to call... but....

I am at the 1, south haven is somewhere down in the red haha. he said he wouldnt sell the fenders or bed separate, I had to buy the whole truck. Then he quoted a price that made me forget the rain and hail and jump in the truck. I hid under some underpasses, eventually it cleared up enough to drive more than 25mph on the highway. for those that have never seen green hail clouds,

I got there and we loaded in his truck to go to the pasture, good fenders, and a cowl tag! sold!

then he says its a GMC tailgate!

well all I can think is too bad I dont have a chevy tailgate because the GMC is hard to find. he says "thats a long bed, you can see they moved the fenders up". I think it looks kind of neat and will keep it that way. "I have a shortbed too if you would rather make a shortbed". wait what?

ok, sold again! "I have another 47-55 shortbed too". okaaaaay, sold again? (I forgot pictures of this one, but its clean and no real rust). then as we are driving around he says, "that one is a phone company utility bed" and waves at a 48 ford shortbed with some utility boxes on it. no way! I have never seen anything like it, I'll take it! sold again!

honestly, I could have kept buying till I was in the poorhouse, but I had to rein it in. He showed me his projects, a 53 chevy 1/2 in perfect shape, a 49 ford 1/2 in perfect shape, a 27 T converted to a pickup. Here he is next to the ford

anyone ever seen a hood ornament like this?

so tomorrow I have to arrange pickup of my pickup, and 3 extra beds. sheesh!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393

Last edited by joedoh; 04-26-2016 at 11:41 PM.
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote