View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 09:30 PM   #8
chrapladm

Re: Can someone tell me what has been done to this truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Range View Post
"1973 GMC C20 with a few sheet metal modifications and Rock Star rims" according to a few sites.

Body-wise looks like slightly extended cab, side glass added, shortened front of bed, shortened rear of bed, chopped front off fenders and slightly extended to match custom front grille, modified wheel wells, chopped leading edge on hood and removed hood center crease, custom grille/bumper and ginormous fender flares, sliders, mirror mod.
Huge thanks for your input. Forgot about the hood change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep View Post
A lot of off road guys shorten the rear overhang on the bed. This is known as a bobbed bed.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...61946969285585

I like the slightly extended cab too. The cab would be a whole bunch of work, but the bobbing of the bed is pretty straight forward.

I completely forgot about bobbing of the bed. I know a lot about 4x4 mods as I am more accustomed to, but had not seen it on a lowered truck before. I usually raise trucks up not lower them .LOL I would love to have the extended cab but that will be the very last mod I will ever do. That also will probably be done by someone else or someone overseeing me.

This is the best picture of a bobbed bed I could find. Most of the ones I saw looked horrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by riz View Post
Other than making it look ugly as hell ???

Riz
I dont think it looks ugly at all stance wise. I am not a fan of the front grille at all and I love mad max cars. I like the fender wells but they are ginormous and take away too much of the C10 look. I like the raised rear large tire stance and huge tire combo. Muscle car like. So definitely a 11 or 12" wide rear tire for me. But trust me I can see how you think this truck is ugly. I will be taking a few truck pictures and using them as guidelines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MF Doom View Post
Love the idea of the extended cab! i have been thinking of something like this for a long time lol and i also like the flared fender but they overdid them on the front imo. Everything else i personally don't like but atleast it flows not like the conversion where they look nowhere near identical
I wouldnt even know where to start on the extended cab so as I said that will be last to be done. And quite possibly you might have your conversion done before me.

Does anyone know of a build thread on a shaved firewall? I will try to search out what threads are good but didnt know if any one knew off hand. I am knew here but not the search function of a forum .

Also Front Range or others would it be best to start off with a regular LWB truck?

Am I assuming correctly, that this truck is a LWB C20 and just has a modified bed front and back?

It would seem I need to start with a LWB truck and cut the rear of the bed off. Then extend the cab rear line and shorten the bed front accordingly.

This picture below has a cab with a chop top and it does look like the C20 gamer has a chop to it also. Not 100% though.

Last edited by chrapladm; 04-28-2016 at 09:46 PM.
chrapladm is offline   Reply With Quote