View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 12:45 AM   #521
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: Vintage 4wd Pictures:Other Makes

Here is a pair of Scouts. I've seen this first one around town where I work. Caught him using our car wash on my way out the other day. Very nicely done. Must have done a lot to keep it looking like most Scouts I've ever seen!

This second one is more in line with what I'm used too for Scouts. As the old joke goes, if you are really quiet standing by one you can hear it rust..

I do happen to know who owns this one. The elder owner of the dealership I work at. The general idea is he got caught up in auction fever. He went to a local estate auction looking to buy some irrigation pipe and a trailer. He ended up buying two trailers, the pipe, a 1946 Chevy two-ton dump truck and this rusty 4 cylinder Scout pickup.

Yes it's rusty. Quarters, rockers, floors, inner bed structure. Ugly. Fuel line was plumbed into a regular 5 gallon red plastic gas can. On the bright side, with nothing more than filling the carb with fuel through the vent and a jump box the half-a-v8 lit right off and settled into a sewing machine smooth idle. He's not sure why he bought it. It is not a candidate for us to restore in the shop though. We plan on getting it running right, drives safe and functions well enough for somebody else to tackle the body. Heck, compared to some of the swiss cheese rides you guys from back east deal with, this baby is cherry!
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote