View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 09:42 AM   #264
gottattooz

Re: Captain America 68 short/fleetside

I got around to installing the headlights and wiring up the electric fans, installed the bumper and plugged in the turn signals. Apparently, the brackets are different for the 67-70. And the 71-72 bumpers. Only the two center bottom bolts are holding the bumper on until I make some brackets or new holes in the bumper.

I topped off the coolant so I could run the truck and check the trans oil level. Well, apparently I didn't mount the engine oil cooler delete plate gasket properly, because it puked all 6 quarts of oil on the ground in about 15 seconds.

I remounted the oil cooler block off plate and gasket, topped off the engine oil and coolant, then drove it back and forth in the driveway too check for any immediate driveability issues. Plus now I can drive it over to the big tree In the yard to try to straighten out the hood so it'll latch again.

I noticed the wheel weights on the inside of the right front tire are smashed, so I'm concerned there might be damage to the spindle where the tie rod end attaches. Clearance on the driver's side looks about the same, so it might have been that way all along.

- Josh
Attached Images

2017 Suzuki M109R

Last edited by gottattooz; 05-19-2016 at 09:59 AM.
gottattooz is offline   Reply With Quote