Thread: Cheap Tricks
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 10:45 AM   #470
Grumpy old man

Re: Cheap Tricks

You can also build your own bucket seats from 2 bench seats by cutting the center section of the bench out and rewelding the 2 outer halfs and use the factory seat tracks mounted back into the factory floor outer bolt holes and drilling the floor for the inner seat track . To get the correct measurement on where to cut the seat frame remove the covers and bolt the seat frame back into the truck now take a straight edge yard stick and align it on the center of the steering wheel ,bring that line down and Mark the seat frame ,now you have the correct measurement to cut both sides of the bench frame and weld those two halves back together ( this ensures that your drivers seat is correctly centered on the steering wheel when your done ) leaving the seat springs cut long over center so that the two ends overlap and can be rejoined using spring clips .Now you have "factory bucket seats" using factory seat tracks .I built a few sets of these and added dual armrests and headrest robbed from a dodge minivan second row seats , I have an extreme custom set of real leather covers on mine in my restomod 67 I'm building for the 2017 power tour with a 50 year old truck. Ill be offering a few sets for sale in the near future custom built with custom all leather covers . One of a kind for the high line custom guys.

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop

Last edited by Grumpy old man; 05-21-2016 at 11:07 AM.
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote