View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 11:57 AM   #16
Johnny_Lamebridge

Re: My '63 C10 "I'd rather be driving" Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotruk63 View Post
You obviously have skills,, why not cut out the center out of the wheel ring and set it to the offset required to the truck to eliminate the wheel spacers?
Unfortunately Aerotruck63, I may have "some" skills but they're not always "the" skills that are required. I really need to work on my welding to get consistently good results. I did consider cutting and repositioning the wheel centres myself, but fixturing a wheel this big would be a problem, and I don't know anyone with a big enough lathe to get them running true. There's a fellow in London Ontario ("themaintenancedepartment" on instagram) that's offset, widened and narrowed many of these wheels. I considered asking him to do my rears, but its expensive and I'm a little leery about how durable these wheels will be. I don't want to invest a bunch of cash then bend a wheel hitting a pothole.

Thanks for the compliment on my truck... but I keep telling everyone that its not that nice!

It really isn't. It looks good from across the street, but it needs to be stripped, restored and repainted.

You sir, I must commend for all the information you provide on the forum. I know I've benefitted at different times from all your reference material.

@johnny_lamebridge on Instagram
Johnny_Lamebridge is offline   Reply With Quote