View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 05:59 PM   #1
cleszkie

Finally Purged the 16.5s

After much internal struggle, I finally got rid of the two sets of 16.5 rims and tires I had for my Blazer. The first set to go was my beloved 9.75x16.5 aluminum slots. I sold the 35" BFG AT KOs that were on these rims on craigslist and sold the rims to a board member up in Washington state. The second set to go was my equally beloved 9.75x16.5 white steelies. I sold the rims with a set of 33" BFG At KOs mounted to another local board member.

Replaced both sets with single a set of Wheel Vintiques 16x8, 8-lug steelies wrapped in 35" BFG AT KO2 rubber. They came powder coated black, and I debated going back to white like my original set, but stayed with black for a more aggressive look. I did keep the dog dish caps though. The main motivation for the change is a month long camping/4x4/road trip I'm planning with my wife and son for this summer. I didn't want to shred a 16.5" tire along the way and not be able to just roll into any tire shop and get a replacement. Try that with a 16.5" tire, and you will be stranded. Anyways, attached are some pics with the new shoes.
Attached Images

cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote