View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 09:24 PM   #119
Super_Dave

Re: 1974 C20 Soon to become a project...

The $800 NVU Gauges arrived at the Summit facility several days ago. I am waiting to order different gauges, Speedhut most likely, until the credit appears back in my account.

I stopped by the shop this afternoon. The shop might have a stall open up sometime next week, so I can start pulling out wiring and get ready for the AAW Harness. While I was standing in the shop, looking across the parking lot to my project just sitting there, I notice a new puddle back by the transmission tail shaft. I asked Tony about it and he surmised it was the rear seal on the transmission. So, I crawled under the truck and sure enough, nice, fresh trans fluid.

Nice, $2200 and about 100 feet of driving and my new transmission has a platter size puddle under a truck that has been sitting for almost a month. My driving is measured by the foot, not the mile, since the trans was installed.

It's under warranty and I know they will stand behind it; it's just the thought of a power steering pump and now a rear trans seal going out in a truck that's just been sitting for weeks... not to mention how the wiring started to smoulder with the key on but the motor not running, which damn near burned my truck to the ground!

Then there are the supplier issues, crappy $800 gauge cluster that tied up funds for three weeks and now every time I stop by the shop, there's a new leak under my truck with $6-$7K in motor and trans.

Oh, and the Buick Regal I bought to get me around while the truck was out of commission getting all the work done... the same car the tow truck driver who was moving by nearly burned down truck back to the shop; has developed a random shudder in 1st gear and the 1-2 shift. It's random in occurrence and severity. So, now I have another issue to deal with.

I know there is a reason we fart around with old trucks and cars, but I can't seem to remember at the moment...

"Life is tough - wear a cup!"
"Old Enough to Know Better - Too Young to Resist"
"Junk is something you will need three weeks after you throw it away."

Last edited by Super_Dave; 06-02-2016 at 01:39 AM.
Super_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote