View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 02:53 PM   #98
akdg87

Re: turbo task force

I got a few go pro videos. still playing with the proper angles.(may upload them once i figure it all out) Last weekend I raced a friends modified 2 door STI, built motor upgraded turbo and pushing around 400 hp in a 2,100 lb car. He pulled me off the line but i caught right up and went past him, then on the highway from a roll i would starting pulling on him.

These trucks are not very aerodynamic; windshield wipers start lifting up and the hood starts waving.

Also raced a chevelle convertible with a hi compression 454, not sure on the HP but started pulling away, i dont think he expected that from a pickup truck.

Anyways the 70 mm turbo wasn't cutting the mustard and the truck started feeling slow to me (yet still fast to everyone riding in it). So i have now swapped in a 76 mm turbo in hopes it will feel fast again!

Currently re tuning the VE table and trying to figure out the latest edition of HP tuners Suite 3.0.

Also i made my own bed wood. This was the dirt cheap way to do it....bought some cedar fence panels from home depot. screwed them down to the existing 3/4" plywood in the bed and made a nifty trap door for the fuel fill. It looks awesome and makes my garage smell great.
2009 CTSV Sedan
akdg87 is offline   Reply With Quote