View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 10:12 PM   #19
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

Re: 72 K20 unknown wire??

And they call you guys Chevy guys.OK if none of you had a 1971 chey truck you probable don't know this smog option Its was the trans spark controller it has a dash pod up next to the front of the carb on the passenger side there are 2 relays on the fire wall 2-3 inches away from the driver side spring there is a harness that splits off and connects to the 2 prong relays and goes back in to the plastic wire protector comes out 2 wires with a 2 prong plastic plug to connect to the dash pod 1 wire goes from the dash pod down the engine down the trans to something.I think i have a pic of it let me check

My only problem to most of you guys trying to put your truck back to factory 98.9% of you will never go completely back to factory.

That experiment was a one off wonder.Most of you PULL ALL THE SMOG parts off your trucks any ways.

Now getting past that most people use that wire for a under hood light cus it has 12 volts to it until the key is turned off.

Some use it for a hood light and they use it to power there electric choke for your Edalbrock or holly carbs.

My pics are not that good showing it cus its something most of us GM guys don't Care about or the true GM guys do.

The guy that most of you should talk to about Junk parts that should not be used on GM trucks is the LONGHON MAN There Are disconnected parts on all GM cars that where a BAD IDEA.

GM DID IT CUS THE EPA WANTED IT DONE THERE WAY.

We all know are government Sucks when they think metaling in are car's performance.

at one time they thought headers was a smog problem.running a bigger carb was bad for are Air.

THE EPA dose not talk to any one in the the Performance department on how a engine runs better then the guys that do it for a living
Attached Images

stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote