View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 09:24 AM   #14
Sklptrljay

Re: Soundproofing and new tunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RestoreAmerica View Post
Yes I put the frost king on the entire floor also. The picture only shows one strip on the firewall. I wanted to get a picture of the floor prior to covering it to verify that the surface below it was restored.

Nice job on your installation Skip and very nice truck!
I figured you did! I forgot to say the same thing about your truck.....what a beauty you got there. The paint looks perfect.

I forget where I got the idea about the roofing bubble wrap idea, but it made a big difference in heat from the firewall and floor. There was the original jute pads on the firewall and the PO had a sound/heat underlayment I've seen in LMC catalogs installed on the floor that I removed. I'm sure it was better than nothing, but it's just night and day difference now. Makes for a much more enjoyable experience driving it.

1972 GMC 4X4 K1500 Survivor - Sold

No matter what problems life throws at you, your time on Earth can be incredibly fulfilling and rewarding.....if you just lower your expectations. -Phil Dunphy
Sklptrljay is offline   Reply With Quote