Thread: C40 Body Swap
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 08:31 PM   #4
rkn463

Re: C40 Body Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingviper View Post
Hey dude! I enjoyed perusing your build! I will have to go back when I have more time. In the middle of writing a damn thesis and moving the family to a new base. So I am trying to sort this out, you're keeping the frame, engine, tranny, rear axle of the 89 but using the 68 front axle with 89 spindles, etc? PERFECT. Cause I want to take an 86 GMC Rollback and swap our 68 C40 dumptruck cab onto it. I didn't want to buy the rollback if the swap wouldn't work. I got too many other projects but we want to save the dump truck cab because it has family heritage and the '86 366 and 5-speed would be great for towing. Looking forward to seeing how it goes for you!
Wingviper,

You got it right. I'm glad you enjoyed reading over my build, it has had so little response I was about to decide that it must be boring everyone. When you get some time make sure to post pictures of both trucks and when you do the work post it so we can follow along. I'm about to head over to my thread and update it here in a few minutes.

-Richard