View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 11:35 AM   #127
tlorber

Re: S10 Frame Swap w/ AD and LS motor

Spiff, thanks for the comment and best of luck. I have been enjoying the process and have no regrets. HOWEVER, if you look at post #99 of this thread I reference different methods of doing this process. Since that time a friend of mine has started doing frame swaps and chassis fabrication using C4 Corvette parts for suspension components. When using stock chassis he fabricates cross members to connect the Corvette suspension to the stock frame (although he says it is just easier to have his fabricator just make a new tube frame and connect to it). When he is done he ends up with trucks that handle like sports cars, albeit with a bit higher center of gravity.

I mention this because, since you have a 3/4 ton, you are starting with a longer bed and chassis. To do the S10 swap you will either need to section your bedsides (like I did) or buy a new bed. It really depends upon what you want to end up with, how high or low you want the truck to sit, what you want for the final brake system, etc. Let me know if I can help at all.
tlorber is offline   Reply With Quote