View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 02:03 AM   #19
dflarsen77

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

It was like 95 in the CA central valley today, but I was out there all day getting it done. Dropped by 68bowtie's and picked up a heater box. I really only need the last part where the defrost/floor vent, and in comparing pics, I found that the non/AC system uses that same box, so it should work perfectly. Nowhere near ready to install it, but I know I'll need defrost, and short of a complete restore of the factory AC system, or a one of the new kits, this is the solution!

Otherwise, Got my fuel pump installed, carb back on, fuel line plumbed (hardline, regulator, filter), replaced all my vac lines, pcv, breather, & grommets, rewired the bulkhead connector with a new bladed to run a normal 12G wire to the HEI, and soldered on the correct purple 12g wire to the starter (it had a blue wire spliced). Installed new battery cables, all the ground cables. Added a ground from the front pass head where the battery ground is connected down to the top bot on the engine mount. My truck has headers, and I could see no realistic way to get to the solenoid wiring without dropping the starter. Boy that was fun, getting those little spacers back in. I was also reminded how weak I am in my elderly age of 38, trying to bench press that little bastard starter back in place. Finally had to give up and use a jack to get it into place. Well, progress is progress! But it was too hot to take pictures...