View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 08:02 PM   #85
iowaboynca

Re: "1950 GMC" -Charlotte

Thanks guys!
As much as i would like to get fancy and come up through the fender, I don't trust my body work abilities, so i'll just come up through the bed.

Of course I may have to find a kitchen sink adapter...

funny story...
I got the pump in but i'm not happy with the sock at the end of it, just seemed a little cheap and didn't like my gorilla hands messing with it. So in one of the processes of test fitting it, the sock fell off the pump and behind the baffle. Great. On top of that, the duct tape on the end of the little jig i was trying to fish it out with fell off too, so now i have the sock and a wad of duct tape behind the baffle. So as i'm debating of having to drop my newly installed tank to jimmy them out, I call my 8yr old daughter over (the one pictured a few pages back) to see if her hands are small enough to reach in. Success! She was able to grab both with no trouble at all. So got the pump in but ended up jacking up the sending unit so i'll need a new one of those. The moral of the story...make sure you have your youngest kid or grandkid so they fish out stuff with their small hands.

On the hose, I think i'm going to look at Summit Racing. they look to have a pretty good deal going on.

Stay tuned...