View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 08:25 PM   #175
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: 85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

With the bulk of the work done it was time to address some small details. There were a couple of large dents in the bed floor that I wanted to fix. We also discovered a small section of surface rust along the front edge and and the first crossbrace. It appears that a caustic liquid had spilled and seeped under the bed.
I pulled all the bolts at the bottom of the front panel and sanded the spots in question to raw metal. Once I was confident the metal was clean I painted all the raw spots. While the bolts were out I cut off the extra length so the fit flush. It's another detail that most might never see but it makes me feel better knowing it's done.

I revived my hammer and dolly skills on the bed floor and got most of the big dents smooth again. Its not flawless but it is better and the spray in bed liner makes it almost impossible to see.

In the top pics you can see the deepest Dent with a few smaller off to the left. You can see the raw metal on the crossbrace where it was sanded clean. The bottom pic shows the repairs and seal coat of paint.
Attached Images

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote