View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 04:20 PM   #327
mikentosh

Re: Project Cannonball C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I have been looking hard @ one of these chassis vs. building up a stock frame for my 67. I don't need to lay frame. I want it to handle well (very well), be low all the time, & be worry free. While all can be accomplished w/a stock chassis as the starting point, it's the ride quality @ that perf level that I feel is the difference. Spec designed/engineered components will outshine pieced together/upgraded stuff.

Funny about your comparison vehicle..... My X had a 08 E92 M3 & they are quite the car. I would love to have one as a DD but the cost of the LS3/T56 swap (in addition to the car ) takes them out of my financial comfort zone. Their small alum V8 just didn't do it for me. The 06 335i she had before it actually pulled harder (compound turbo strait six) but the M3 'drove' better (much better IMHO).
It sounds like a Fast Track chassis might be perfect for you. Too bad you aren't in the Bay Area or you could come drive mine. It's worth a call to them to talk it over. I also talked with Art Morrison and Scott's Hot Rods which are other good options.

I also had an E90 M3 (4 door model) which I sold off and moved back to the older E46 chassis. The V8 sounded amazing but was nothing like an LS motor. The E46 is, to me, the absolute best M car and i will never sell this one.
mikentosh is offline   Reply With Quote