View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 10:38 PM   #335
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

I think I made some progress on the door pillar today. We will see tomorrow when I try to weld it. I took Mike's advice and lined it up over the part and made a mark. I used a white marker to outline it, removed it, fitted it again, and them used a yellow marker to make sure it was still in the same position. Checked to make sure it was 7.5" away from the top mounting hole, and then went to cutting.

Tomorrow I hope to weld the cowl panel and the door pillar in place. It would be great to move on from this.

Here is the marked up piece.

Next using the Dremel and the angle grinder I cut it up as carefully as possible, going after small pieces at a time, rather than cutting the whole thing at once.

A bunch of small touch up cuts and grinding on the part, and this is what I am left with:

I may have to do a little banging and pressing to make it line up, but I think it's pretty good overall. Checked for the 7.5" to make sure it was still good (did this repeatedly throughout the process), marked the outline of where it sits on the floor pan for reference tomorrow, and marked the holes to drill for the bolts.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote