View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 07:45 PM   #341
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Got the internet access back, so I edited this post.

Working on the cab corners. Taking a dinner break and thought I would post this. Our tv and Internet is down so I can't post more than one pic from my phone anyway.

My friend suggested I check the door and see how well it lines up. It lines up okay, it's a bit too close in the upper right hand corner. I messed with the adjustments; but it's hard trying it by yourself. Took it down and will try again after the other stuff is done.

Not my area of expertise (then again none of this stuff is); please let me know if you see anything worth mentioning.

UPDATE:

Here are the close up pics of sections of the door. I need to get someone to help me adjust it properly. When the rocker panel is ready to go on, I'll do it again.

The upper right is definitely too close. When I pushed the door back, it messed up the left of the door.

Here is the lower section.

With the help of the wife, I cut out a section of cab corner. There is still tape in the photo because originally I was going to use the entire part. I decided to go with the advice I got on this forum and other people and cut the part to fit the cab cutout, and not cut the cab to fit the part. Can someone explain why the latter is a bad idea?

She was supposed to come and help me mark where to cut the part, but "In a few minutes, I just ate," turned to "I'll be there in a little while," which turned to me sitting in the garage twiddling my thumbs waiting for her. I gave up and called it a night. I don't think she wanted to go out in the rain.

Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964

Last edited by DD1; 07-31-2016 at 08:53 PM.
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote