View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 11:48 PM   #140
Praxiss454

Re: Newbie thinking about diving into a '65 GMC 1000

Going to take the brake drums to a local machine shop to measure and hopefully machine them, presuming there is enough material. Hope to finish that this Thursday.

Another thing I need to sort out is the seat. There are some broken springs but I'm not entirely sure how the thing is supposed to look when not broken. In the picture below, circles 1 and 2 appear to be unbroken ends that just came disconnected from somewhere, perhaps down at the main frame of the seat. Circle 3 is obviously broken and and 4 is unclasped, and I think I see how those are supposed to hook together.

The seat foam itself is in pretty poor shape, and is deteriorating. I think I can pick up some 2" or 2.5" firm foam from a local shop and contour it to replace the stock foam. Debating whether to replace the seat cover or just patch the damaged area. I think it'd kinda look silly to have a fancy new seat cover in an otherwise old and beat up looking truck. Plus I have a perfectly good saddle blanket cover from the previous owner.
Praxiss454 is offline   Reply With Quote