Thread: Serious Black
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 10:05 AM   #207
snipescastle2

Talking Re: Serious Black

this weekend, I stripped all of my rally wheels of the factory paint, (sand blasted them) then I powder coated them at my Uncle's shop. They didn't come out as great as I wanted, but no one has a Powder made up that closely resembles GM's "Argent Silver" it's more of a darker hue of silver/grey metallic, but still better shape than what I had.
when I got everything done, and out of the oven, and it had all cooled down over night, I set about mounting and balancing my tires again....well, "Murphy" is a real S.O.B. (Murphy's Law) wouldn't you know it, I get to the very last tire, started to mount the tire and the damn tire machine rips a huge chunk out of the tire bead of my BFG T/A radial......
so, yesterday, I had to spend yet another $300 on two front tires (wanted a matching set) albeit, they aren't T/A radials (Cooper Cobra's) at least I can drive it..... now, if I could only think of an "Acronym" for our trucks that is similar to "BOAT" (Break out another Thousand") the wife is growing ever impatient to my weekly spending on this truck.....perhaps Vanity plates that read "SWMBO" come to mind..... (She Who Must Be Obeyed)

I had some chrome powder coat powder left over and tried to coat two of the rally center caps, since they were pitted pretty well, I figured I had nothing to lose. Well, after I bead blasted them to get them smooth, I'm guessing the zinc/pot metal under the chrome must have "Out gassed" or had a reaction to the powder coat, because it resembled "Wrinkle Paint" around the areas that the chrome was absent from. Needless to say, I need two rally center caps for the rear now...... I'm about two weeks out from Our Company's Car show
(13th of August) trying like hell to "Git Er' done......
It's actually a Fund Raiser event for "Reach" a fund set up to help the companies families during a hardship or catastrophe.....

Looking forward to being there, as well as the all Truck Nationals coming up soon....

Have a good one!
Ben
snipescastle2 is offline   Reply With Quote