Thread: Serious Black
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 02:40 PM   #15
snipescastle2

Talking Re: Serious Black

Well, I used the trim nuts with the "Mastic" sealer inside them, I also added a dab of clear silicone sealer to the studs where the passed through the sheet metal. some are clips, you just do the same for those. I found that using 1/4" pin striping tape to layout the trim pieces really helps. my doors and fenders already had the holes drilled, the only exception was the bedsides. I had to drill most all of those. if you mount the fender and door trim first, it makes laying out the outline of the trim for the bed easier, you just take some painters tape and hold the bed trim in place where it aligns with the door trim and cab corner trim. once you have the outline where the trim goes, you remove the trim pieces, take some pin striping tape and layout the center of both outlines, then just mark every 6"-8" (I forget what the book called for) some are closer, some are further, it depends on whether it's a short bed or long bed.

One recommendation though..... I bought my trim through Classic parts, and it looks nice, but those "Counter part" reproduction trim pieces are flimsy/weak.....I bent a few by pushing little too hard to get the clips to snap into the holes. I should have waited and bought the trim kit from "MAR-K"
it's about $250-$300 more, but far more sturdy, and anodized, just like the NOS stuff..... just sayin'
Have a good one!
Ben
snipescastle2 is offline   Reply With Quote