Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 01:20 AM   #4437
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispbrown36 View Post
87 4wd with a 350 TBI and 700R4 tranny. The motor is not the original according to the guy I bought it from but he didn't say what it came out of, how many miles on it, or anything else that might have been useful. I was too blinded by the beauty of the truck to think at the time....let's call it truck goggles.
The O2 sensor is about a year old and I believe it is a house brand from somewhere. I have been trying to stick with AC Delco on everything, but that one I slipped up on. That will probably be remedied soon.
The TPS, idle air control valve, and map sensor are all new (past year to six months) and AC Delco.
Not getting any vacuum leaks at the throttle body base. The EGR was leaking on me but has been replaced....but I went with an off brand locally instead of waiting on an AC Delco to be delivered. I do have a vacuum leak toward the back of the intake manifold, so I am going to redo the intake gaskets in the next couple of weeks.
No slop in the bushings either that I can tell.
.....So the love affair with the truck goes on but the engine and I are barely on speaking terms!
funny feedback but sad story, wish you had a happy engine, well Chris thank you for reminding me why I finally got rid of my 97 Tahoe and rewound back to 1974 technology, the grass is truely greener I love the simplicity of my truck not to mention the space in the engine compartment
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote